Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

The Gregory Brothers

Saturday, May 01, 2010 , , 0 comments

I have to admit something to put this post in perspective.  I haven't bought a single CD or song in over 5 years.  Yes it's true.  I'm not going to admit to anything here, just keep that in mind.  It's not that I don't think most musicians deserve the money, I guess some of them do, its just that most music isn't that good or it's managed by corporate dildos like WMG who block half of Youtube in a misguided effort to keep me from hearing the sounds their artists make.  I oblige them and don't listen.  That's my story and Im sticking to it.

But then I accidentally stumbled upon Auto Tune The News.  Funny, funny, FUNNY.  At first it was funny cause they are making stupid politicians sound amazing.  But then the tunes themselves kinda grew on me.  I even tracked them down on AmieSt and bought one of their songs.




Yeah, it's addicting and there are 11 of them. You can plainly see the progression as they get better at the sound (The green screen needs work, I love you guys, but really...) going from ATTN #1 through ATTN #11 (shown above).  You kinda have to watch the whole series cause there are running jokes through them all like the badly treated gorilla suit and a fascination with charts.  I even bought the song called "Space People From the Future" because I found myself singing it when I was bored, at a stoplight or listening to my mother on the phone.  Just kidding, I love you Mom.  It's insidious.

If you want to learn more about these guys, cause really I think they deserve the backlink, check them out at The Gregory Brothers website.  And don't pirate their music cause if you're gonna stick it to someone, stick it to the man, not the victims of Space People from the Future.  That is just wrong.

(0) Comments