Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


I have been playing MMOs for about 6 years. 99% of them have been free ones. All free games have a generous slice of human existence and what I mean by that is; you have your knights, your maidens and your shady serfs. I have had more than my fair share of shady serf contact of a negative nature so trust me, Ive learned to be a wary maiden.

I like to enjoy all aspects of a game and am lucky enough to be able to run my computer all night long so I generally stall at night. One morning, I wake up, get my coffee and sit down to do some writing as I look over my stall. Then I get a PM from Pinoyballa.

He says, ","

I answer, "?"

He doesn't reply so I watch a few minutes and go back to writing. The only contact I have ever had with him is of course when he offered me a ridiculous amount of Jeon for my M3 elite chest. I didn't wish to sell it at that time, we talked back and forth because apparently he really thought I was silly for not selling it. Im ok with being silly in the name of good defense.

So back to my story. A few minutes later I get a PM from a guy named Flip something, a name I never saw before and he asks me about the chest. I tell him Im in a stall and writing right now but I would be happy to show him the chest later. He chitchats a few minutes and then goes quiet. About 5 minutes later, battle is announced, I go to it and when it ends, he again PMs me. I am kinda annoyed but I say FINE, Ill show him.

I tell him it will be a minute cause I have some items in the trade window and while I am transferring items, he says a curious thing.

"How do you make money? I am so broke!"

I ignore that and get the Elite from my storage, put it in the trade window and offer the trade. It's auto denied. I try a couple times and then PM him and tell him to turn on his trade. He says it is on, he must be bugged. I tell him to relog then and he does but still the trade doesn't go through.

"Put it in a stall." He says, "No one has 999,999,999 Jeon"

Red flags and whistles of course go off. Not only do ppl have WAY more than 1 bil Jeon, those that do have already assured me they are willing give it to me for the item.

"The people who have offered me more than a bil gold for the chest have that much gold and I dont want to sell, so go to my xfire and look up the screen." I say.

I tell him goodbye and reset my stall.

The moral of the story? I dunno... Maybe it's that some people don't take "NO" for an answer or that if they haven't had good luck, they are willing to take someone else's. The best rule is: If you think you want something, never, ever let it be in a position where someone can take it no matter how unlikely it may be. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm no Nancy Drew. You can draw your own conclusions.

(0) Comments