Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

I hear this alot: Why do you keep playing Silkroad Online!" "Silkroad Online has bots/scammers/goldfarmers and I cant log in". Why indeed? I can give you 5 major reasons why I love Silkroad Online and will continue to play it despite the random bullshit that comes with it.

PVP - No other MMORPG has PVP like Silkroad. There is no debate here becasue I have played hundreds of MMOs. In Silkroad you dont have to ask permission to duel, it is free and open and whenever you feel like it. It's 1 v 1 or group vs. group. Its everywhere and permeates the game making it one of the most PVP saturated games I have ever played.

Adverse conditions - Why is this a plus? Because I enjoy the challenge. The atmosphere is like the wild west. There are no laws except might makes right. It's a Machiavellian gamers' dream come true. Lack of GMs make griefing in SRO is an artform, refined over years of trial and error.

Community - Everyone says that Silkroad Online has no community, but that isnt true. It has this out of control CRAZY community that is mostly American with large parts European, Turk, Egy and South Americans thrown in to make it spicy. Conflict is bitter and daily. It is never boring and kinda like living in the gamer version of "Rock of Love".

Graphics - They are still competetive after being out for years. While there isnt a lot of character customization, the scenery is beautiful and unlike most MMOs the women arent half dressed with giant breasts hanging out. As a woman, I appreciate that.
Variety - Like solo play? Go Chinese. Like party play? Go European. You have a large variety of play styles and skills here that can be satisfied. Be pure magical, be pure strength or make up your own combination of classes and skills.

There are bad things too, dont misunderstand me. The botting issue is huge and the crowded servers means we are not getting new players to replenish old ones without constant effort. But I still love the game. I cant wait for FW every other week. I cant wait to see what is going on in my guild. I love my forum, blog and Game Correspondent job at MMORPG.com. I still like Silkroad Online and I will continue to promote it as one of the best games I have ever played. One day, JoyMax will figure out how to keep the bots out.

(4) Comments

  1. Anonymous On April 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM

    now all you have to do is go make me a capped chinese, so I'll stick around ;P also, I'ma tentacle rape you, one day, just you wait.

     
    DS On April 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM

    Wow...you are so trying to tempt me to another MMO. Evilness! :3

    ~DS

     
    Ervin Ling On April 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM

    I love ur blog too... perfectly made by urself and the language is simple to understand.

    why i choose TSRO?
    because i can understand chinese and i can play without bot (a lot of free plvl by a lot ppl) and i can buy silks item with in-game-gold.

    btw, do u realised that rogue/wizard can trading without help and own a 5* trading?

    I never have a chance to see that in iSRO yet i did it everyday in TSRO.

    Nevertheless, you're really a pro gamer. I would like to know how to make video into youtube. how u make the record and how do u compress the size? i not familiar with gamecampro and i still stucked with window movie maker.. please advise.

    TQ
    Akmoo_euro

     
    Unknown On April 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM

    http://girlscangame.blogspot.com/2009/01/video-making-guide-revised.html