Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

RL Text to Speech

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 , 2 comments

I love my boys, I really do. Ive been hanging out with them for so long I tink of them all like some kind of second family. I know as much about them as most people do in real life, Im sure. Ive also picked up various habits from them all. Most are good ones.
But some are NOT.
In vent we have all been using certain acronyms as words for a long time. "Berb" instead of B.R.B., "Lull" instead of L.O.L., etc. We have absurd ones that only happen in game like "Puht a guh", which is of course, P.T.G., or party giant. We use these a lot. Several times a day, ever day, 7 days a week. They have wriggled their way into my 3x real life conversational style and that is NOT ok.
Today I was speaking to my daughter's teacher and I accidentally used the word "LOL". I didnt mean to. I felt kinda silly. Grown people don't use the word "LOL". On the plus side, in K-mart buying bottled water, I used the acronym W.T.F. (what the fuck) and my teenage daughter asked me to stop using those words in public cause I am just too old. The checkout lady backed me up. Good customer service or not, I appreciated it. I have called people in RL noobs so many times that everyone I know outside of gaming knows what that means.
I have also developed a cutting sense of humor and a bit of a potty mouth hanging out with gamers as well. I don't think that has hurt me too much.
Ill have to make up a gamers' glossary of stupid shit to say in Vent. Examples like "OMG that's huge" followed by "That's what she said" followed by "Yeah but never to you". It's old, but still damn funny when it works.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On December 5, 2008 at 7:19 PM

    Strange But I use a "LOL" or "WTF" acronyms in real life too ! :)

     
    Anonymous On December 9, 2008 at 9:08 PM

    me too..it's nukelea nightbloom..:)