Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

First!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 , , 3 comments

I think that we made the correct leap of faith, leaving Silkroad Online before that ship sunk completely and swimming over to the little tropical island of NCSoft's Aion. Avalon the legion is huge. We lead the Elyos in Abyss points and size and even if we weren't huge, the game would still be incredibly fun. I have leveled to 27 and been rifting, in the Abyss, done my first instance ever and been in Vent with 50 ppl.

While Silkroad Online wasnt my first MMO, it was close and it was the one I played the longest. I also experienced a lot of "firsts" in SRO. My first guild, made my first movie, made my first game site etc. The quest to recapture that first feeling is impossible. I have tried so many new games over the last 5 years, but after a week or so, the urge to play kinda dwindles and I ended back in SRO.

But Aion has been different. I havent even thought about SRO. I have made movies in Aion, written guides and read page after wiki page of information. I havent been this enthusiastic about a game since the 60 cap on silkroad Online. This game really has everything. I tried my first real instance where our group killed a raid boss and got a rare drop. I dyed my armor blood red to match my cape.  I climbed mountains like we did in the old days of SRO.  I PVPed for hours and hours in the enemy lands.  I have made so many new firsts and the game isnt even live yet!  So much of the fun of gaming had been drained out of SRO that I'd lost my grip on why we play at all.  SRO was about proving a point and die trying.  Aion is just pure fun.

A few former SRO people have followed me over and tried to bother me.  lol  I should take some screens and post them but I never remember to cause they always seem to bug me when I'm doing other things.  I hope that more SRO people leave that dead end game and come to Aion.   Even in SRO you cant have a guild the size of our Legion.  All are hardcore PVPers from other games like WOW and Warhammer.  New people are everywhere.  The game is beautiful and that really helps. Come join me on AionArena and check out Aion.

(3) Comments

  1. Alex Fink On September 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM

    I'm glad you've found a game that you like. Thanks to your review Aion really sounds fun.

     
    Anonymous On December 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

    Best. Post. Ever. = p

    -Tasdik

     
    Dirt Bike Games On January 13, 2010 at 10:09 AM

    thanks for this excellent post