Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

MMORPG Blues

Thursday, November 13, 2008 0 comments

I am stuck. Yes, good and truly stuck in MMORPG limbo. I have been playing the same MMORPG for three years now and I just cant seem to get out of the loop. I have tried many new MMORPGs, even some you gotta pay for which is totally against all my uptight gamer's sensibilities. I'm addicted to SilkRoad Online. There, I admit it. It has the best PVP out there.
I know, I know, I KNOW that all other respects, SRO isnt a good MMO. They have the worst botting problem out there with 33 servers and all choked to traffic death with bots/gold bots. They have nothing in the way of defense against them, no game guard, no blocking service, no nothing but random bans that do little to stem the tide. They are also rather slow with the updates and leveling by hand is a tedious process that takes months and months and months to complete with any kind of competence.
But the PVP is lovely. You can kill anyone, anywhere for no reason. Just walk up and whack someone. There is a penalty of course but that never stops the dedicated PVPer. They also have a free PVP system that is fun and unique. And the wars can be massive and last forever if you want them to with the private guild vs. guild up to the server side Fortress War of union vs. union. I love the game and my guild.
I have always been a restless gamer though, so I thought I would expand my horizons and start trying out different MMOs and telling you (if there is a you out there) about which ones and Ilike and which ones I hate based on my own PVPcentric point of view. i almost always bring a buddy along so you will meet various members of my longtime guild. Ill introduce them as I go.

Welcome to my blog...

(0) Comments